CHOCOLATE AND BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
Living a healthy lifestyle shouldn’t mean compromising on treating yourself from time to time. Whilst pancakes may not seem like the go-to for breakfasts or snacking, there are easy ways of adding nutritional value into this traditional treat. If you’re a sucker for chocolate, try these super chocolate and banana protein pancakes.
Nutritional breakdown per serving/3 pancakes:
- Calories: 286 or 1196.62 kj
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Fibre: 3g
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 3g
Prep time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (to make 2-3 pancakes):
- 46g (or around 1 and a half rounded scoops) of USN 100% Premium Whey Protein – chocolate flavour
- 1 x Large banana
- 2 x Egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons of milk (this can be substituted for almond, coconut or soy milk)
- ¼ Teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon of cinnamon
- Separate the egg whites in to a bowl and whisk them.
- Add all other ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites to your blended mixture.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Use a little oil or coconut oil to grease it.
- Add a ladle of batter to the frying pan. Use this as a measurement for each pancake, so if your pan can cook more than one at the same time, add another ladle of batter.
- Cook each side of the pancake for 1-2 minutes. You should see the pancake start to bubble.
- Cook until both sides of the pancakes are golden brown and around 1cm thick.
- Eat warm, with sliced bananas in between and on top of the pancakes.
Top tip: Add a drop or two of coconut syrup for a little more sweetness.